Besides caring for kids…
It’s hard to conceive of, but there have been other things going on in my life since Morrow’s arrival. Actually it’s been a really busy few weeks. Here’s a quick update:
- Duplex: The “tenants” who were in the house when we bought it finally left the first floor on 8/31. They left it a total disaster, as far as cleanliness goes. We were pretty sure that was going to be the case. Since then we’ve been cleaning like crazy, painting like crazy, installing a new IKEA kitchen, and trying to get it ready for our awesome, extremely forbearing, new tenants. They should be able to move in next week. Right now all the hardwood floors are being refinished. It’s going to look so good when it’s done!!
- Books: I’ve been going through the comments that were left on my post about funny books awhile back and systematically requesting them from my library. I read Bill Bryson’s A Walk in the Woods and nearly died of laughter. Right now I’m making my way through Alexander McCall Smith’s series The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency. They are delightful novels, set in Botswana. If you haven’t read them, do it! Basically I need books that will keep me awake during nighttime feedings.
- Our house: We’ve had a really promising lead come up for renting our current house—praise God! Turns out it’s a friend of a friend who found me via blogging. I LOVE THE INTERNET! But seriously, they are good friends with one of my best friends from college, so that excites me, making new connections and all.
- Knitting: I finished a pair of socks that I’ve had on my needles for a year and half. It was a lace pattern and they turned out nice, it just took me forever to have the motivation to get ’em done!
- Marriage: Our fifth anniversary is on September 20th! I can’t believe it’s been five years. More on that later.
- Felicity: Following quickly on the heels of our anniversary is Felicity’s birthday on 9/22. There are so many thoughts going through my head about this. That will have to be its own post.
- Oh, and also this has been on my mind a lot.