I’ve been doing some research into the concept of team cooking. I got to thinking about it because there’s a group of gals from my church that get together and do this every month or so.
Here’s how I think it works:
- Create a group of people you want to cook with.
- Set a date and time to do it (maybe a Saturday morning when husbands can watch the kids?).
- Find a few recipes that freeze/preserve well and plan to make a few.
- Buy supplies and ingredients and do some prep work (especially if you’re hosting).
- Cook a bunch of stuff together and everybody gets to take some home to freeze!
Here’s why I think it would be cool to try:
- Getting to hang out with my friends on a Saturday morning.
- Having a couple freezer meals always on hand (maybe even one per week?) would be awesome!
- Sharing the cost probably makes it cheaper (I’m just guessing).
If any of you have ever done anything like this, let me know! I’m really interested in the practical (“How would I actually set this up?”) aspects of such an undertaking.
Entry filed under: Food.